- Ready in less than 10 minutes
- Topping can be made in advance
- 1 of your 5 a day
- Less than 300kcal
- Tomatoes are packed with vital nutrients, they are high in Vitamin C (important for healthy skin and blood vessels), Vitamin K (plays a vital role in wound healing and blood clotting) and phytochemicals such as lycopene which have been linked to eye health and reduction in LDL (bad) Cholesterol.
- Sourdough is a great option for people with a gluten intolerance as the traditional slow process of making the bread has been found to break down the gluten in wheat flours, making it easier to digest than other bread.
- Large handful of cherry or baby plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Half a red onion, finely chopped
- Small handful of basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1tbsp of garlic infused olive oil (or use regular olive oil and 2 crushed garlic cloves)
- 4 thick slices of Sourdough Bread, toasted
- Thick Balsamic vinegar Glaze (optional)
Add the tomatoes, onion, basil and olive oil to a bowl and stir gently to combine the ingredients.
Serve on top of the sourdough toast and finish with a drizzle of the balsamic glaze if you wish.
Alternative: You could add some roasted peppers or mozzarella to add a bit of variety.