- Serves 2
- Vegetarian meal but could easily add grilled chicken or salmon
- Ready in 20 minutes
- High in protein and healthy fats
- Provides at least 1 of your 5 a day
- Can customise the vegetables used to suit own preference
- 100g uncooked Quinoa
- 1 ripe sliced avocado
- 100g sliced cucumber
- 60g crumbled feta
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp za’atar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 diced raw carrots (optional)
- Small handful of cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- Put the Quinoa in a saucepan and pour in enough boiling water to cover by 2-3cm. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain, leave to cool for a few minutes then fluff the grains using a fork. Put in a large bowl.
- Add to the bowl: the avocado, cucumber, feta and pomegranate seeds to the rice and season well. Plus add any of the extra veg should you choose to customise.
- For the dressing, combine the za’atar, olive oil and pomegranate molasses in a small bowl. Pour over the quinoa mix and then toss together. Divide the salad evenly between two containers. Seal and chill until needed.