- 1 of your 5 a day
- Serves 2
- Less than 400kcal per portion
- Is great served hot but also works well as a cold salad
- High in protein
- Quinoa is packed with nutritional goodness: a source of all 9 essential amino acid making it a complex protein source. Also a great slow energy releasing carbohydrate and source of gut friendly fibre.
- 2 tsp piri piri seasoning (I like Schwartz as they don’t add sugar to the mix)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, diced
- Small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 120g quinoa, cooked as per packet instructions
- Juice of half a lime
Rub the seasoning blend evenly over the chicken breast and grill for 5-8 minutes or until cooked through.(I like to cook it on a George Foreman grill but a grill in the oven will work just fine!)
Meanwhile, tip the diced tomatoes, avocado, coriander and lime juice into a bowl with some black pepper and gently mix to combine.
Plate up the chicken and avocado salsa. Serve with the cooked quinoa and extra vegetables if you fancy.